We’re over the moon that so many of last year’s bestselling teen titles were by Australian authors!
- Green Valentine, Lili Wilkinson: A clever rom-com with an ecofriendly twist, this was our biggest hit of the year.
- One True Thing, Nicole Hayes: In this novel Hayes gives an insightful look into life as the child of a politician and all the stress and harassment that goes with being in the public eye.
- Nona & Me, Claire Atkins: A politically charged story of friendship that beautifully explores the tensions in Australia’s regional areas.
- We Were Liars, E. Lockhart: A heartbreaking and disturbing mystery that makes our bestseller list for the second year in a row.
- Burn, Paula Weston: The final installment in Weston’s scorching Rehaim saga.
- I’ll Give You the Sun, Jandy Nelson: A touching story of the bond between two very different twins.
- Risk, Fleur Ferris: A dark fable about the dangers of online dating, this is a bold novel from former police officer Ferris.
- The Rest of Us Just Live Here, Patrick Ness: A bold and irreverent novel that powerfully reminds us that there are many different types of remarkable.
- Cloudwish, Fiona Wood: A moving story about a first-generation Australian with a delicate touch of magical realism.
- Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda, Becky Albertalli: The most romantic book of the year is this cheeky tale of digital flirtation.